There was an error in this gadget

Friday, October 14, 2011

Hours of Darkness... Part 2

In an earlier entry, I posted about the coming fall season and discussed the use of lights on a bike.  In that post I mentioned the "hours of darkness"- the time during which you are required to use lights on your bike.  I also mentioned I had no idea what those hours actually are.

Well, I know you faithful reader(s?) have been on the edge of your seat waiting for an answer, and... I have one!

The hours of darkness are listed as "the period of time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and all other times when there is not sufficient natural light to render clearly visible any person or vehicle upon a highway or bicycle way at a distance of 500 feet."

So, there you go.  If you read this, you can congratulate yourself for learning something today.  Applause...

No comments:

Post a Comment